Mark Your Calendars…. Up coming events!
June 11-12-Hunt test (contact Karen Bodner @ 440-823-7697) to volunteer to help. This is held at Hambden Nursery, northeast of Chardon and will last most of the day (rain or shine). Come watch what our breed was meant to do.
June 22-24- Specialty (contact Pat Flanigan @ firstname.lastname@example.org) to volunteer to help. This event is held in New Castle, Pa., (at the Lawrence County Farm Show Grounds (2497 Harlansburg Rd. New Castle, Pa 16101) and will run all three days from 8am-4pm. Our dogs can compete in obedience, rally and breed, at this event. There will be vendors selling quality/novel dog gear, too.
The entire show premium can be viewed/downloaded brom: http://www.clantyre.net/secserv/Specialty/GPGRC-Premium-2016.pdf
The 2016 Wild Wild West Show!
Breed and Obedience (obedience only has been cancelled due to expected rain conditions on that day) Match: On May 1st, we have our annual puppy match! Here is the flyer! If you would like to enter your puppy or dog, put this on your schedule. Directions below!
Directions to CVGRC Puppy Match Old River Farm Picnic Area, May 4, 2014
2921 River Rd, Willoughby Hills, in North Chagrin Metropark
Map of location can be seen at: http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=41.57486695396619,-81.4174085855484
I-90… FROM THE EAST OR WEST
• exit at Rt. 91 (SOM Center Rd.)* • turn left (south) on Rt. 91
For Old River Farm Reserved Picnic Area
• turn left (east) on Chardon Rd. (Rt. 6) • continue approximately 1 mile to Chagrin River Rd. (Rt. 174)* • turn right (south) on Chagrin River Rd. • areas noted above are along Chagrin River Rd. Old River Farm Reserved Picnic Area will be on the left past Squire’s Castle.
River Grove Recreation Area will be on the right.
I-271… FROM THE SOUTH
• exit at Wilson Mills Rd.* • turn right (east) on Wilson Mills Rd. For Old River Farm Reserved Picnic Area continue east on Wilson Mills Rd. (past Rt. 91) to Chagrin River Rd. Turn left (north) on River Rd. and continue about 2 miles. All areas noted are along Chagrin River Rd.
Old River Farm Reserved Picnic Area will be on the right.
I-480… FROM THE EAST OR WEST
• to I-271 North (see directions for I-271)
TURNPIKE… EXIT 12
• take Rt. 8 North • to I-271 North (see directions for I-271)
Our April 25th membership meeting will be:
Hosted by Club members Vonnie Peterson and Marilyn Richards (both hunt judges), along with Amberwood Kennels owner, Bob Rechart will be instructing participants in the proper/safe use of hunt test equipment along with giving members plenty of time to train their pups (with bumpers/birds). There will also be hospitality, so run home after work, grab those dogs and meet us at 6373 Laskey Rd. Rome, Oh 44085 (a bit east of Chardon) at 6:30-dark, Bring along water for the pups and a towel too!
In March we held our annual “Golden Auction,” BUT with a tasty twist! We had a wine/cheese party and even got to take home wine charms (thanks Amy!). Great items were brought by our members, to bid on and all had a rousing time trying to get the items they wanted.